Charlie Brister is currently competing 3*** eventing and developing a team of future international champion eventers.
With a decade of experience riding track work at Warwick Farm, Charlie also educates young thoroughbreds to be jockey-ready and track-fit.
Charlie regularly competes in the show jumping arena and is currently starting in Advanced Dressage competitions.
As a young rider Charlie has been on the Equestrian Australia “Emerging Talent” list and a member of the National Youth Development Squad. Charlie is now part of the Kibah Tic Toc High Performance Squad.
Charlie’s riding ambitions started at 10 years of age at the small one day events and with his family horse businesses. He funded his university degree in Politics and Sociology from The University of Sydney by riding track work and educating young horses before deciding to turn professional as an equestrian.
Many experiences have helped shaped Charlie’s practical approach to horse education. A few highlights include
- Germany 2012 Stable rider for Australian Olympic jumping team coach, Gilbert Boeckmann, as recipient of the three month Equestrian Australia Scholarship
- Portugal 2012 Trained at Morgado Lusitano for a month with Paulo Sergio, a Master in the Portuguese School of Equitation
- Germany 2009 Rode at well-known German breeding and competition barn of Zuchtof Klatte
- Australia 2005-2013 Track rider for Paul Cave racing stables and chief assistant to equestrian vet Brett Warren (also known as Charlie’s dad).
Current coaches mentoring Charlie include:
- Ann Slatford – dressage
- Colleen Brook – show jumping